Saturday, July 31, 2010

Heart of God Saturdays: Psalm 6

Psalm 6 (English Standard Version)

To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments; according to The Sheminith. A Psalm of David.
1O LORD, rebuke me not in your anger,
nor
discipline me in your wrath.
2Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am languishing;
heal me, O LORD, for my bones are troubled.
3My soul also is greatly troubled.
But you, O LORD—
how long?

4Turn, O LORD, deliver my life;
save me for the sake of your steadfast love.
5For in death there is no remembrance of you;
in Sheol who will give you praise?

6I am weary with my moaning;
every night I flood my bed with tears;
I drench my couch with my weeping.
7My eye wastes away because of grief;
it grows weak because of all my foes.

8 Depart from me, all you workers of evil,
for the LORD
has heard the sound of my weeping.
9The LORD has heard my plea;
the LORD accepts my prayer.
10All my enemies shall be ashamed and greatly troubled;
they shall
turn back and be put to shame in a moment.

No comments: