Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Last Home Bible Study for a while

Because we have been so busy in other ministries, we have decided as a family to hold off on our home Bible study for a while.  Because I work Thurs-Mon from 2:30-11:00, my only days off in the evenings are going to be Tuesday and Wednesday for several months if not more.  

Tuesday is jam-packed with the booming ESL ministry at Northchase, so I have become consumed with that to say the least, not to mention having resumed ICR (Institute for Creation Research) Online Graduate School classes.  Between my new job, more school, and the Northchase Apartment ministry (visitations soon to begin), I have decided to make Wednesday my Sabbath for now to rest and focus on family matters.  

However, we will still be doing the Romans Bible study regularly as a family (mostly when our small children are asleep), and I will continue posting my notes for each section as we study Romans.

2 comments:

Banner Kidd said...

With all due respect, you've determined that Wednesday is your sabbath. But what day is God's Sabbath? Did you check with HIS Instruction manual before you decided to name Wednesday your sabbath. I think we are to keep HIS Sabbath and that is the 7th day, established from creation. I encourage you to check with HIS Word to determine how HE sees HIS Sabbath and who is to keep it.

Apologist & Theologian said...

As a Police Dispatcher, we man the station 24/7; the police, military, doctors, and other emergency personnel have always worked on the Sabbath. In the Old Testament, babies were delivered on the Sabbath, circumcision occurred on the Sabbath, and the guards manned the gates on the Sabbath.

Tuesday and Wednesdays are my days off. I teach our ESL ministry on Tuesday, so Wednesday is my day off to rest. Christ is Lord over the Sabbath, and just as the Israelite guards & doctors worked on the Sabbath (some jobs are 24/7), so do we. Man does need a day of rest, but we ultimately rest in Christ; the seventh commandment is a foreshadow of Christ, which He has fulfilled.