Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Sermon at Nepali Church: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD

For the audio sermon, click here.

For the written sermon (be advised that it is in speaking format), click here.

I preached at a new Nepali Church plant today, and Meggan was invited to play the violin. Both the sermon and her playing went well, and I hope both were well received. Meggan played an instrumental to Fairest Lord Jesus, and I preached on Acts 17:22-34 which was when preached the gospel to the Athenians in the midst of the Areopagus. I give credit to the use of John Gill's (English Baptist) 18th century commentary on this text.

I am thankful for how well received we were, and Santosh did an excellent job in translating the sermon as I delivered it, which I can be very taxing mentally and physically.

There were about 30 Nepalese there (including their children), and about 12 non-Nepalese (including children). We enjoyed the worship service, and I will be meeting with Santosh (their Nepali pastor), Lord willing, on Tuesday to get plugged in with some families that he has been witnessing to.

In light of our growing outreach, I have retitled these missions as Nepali Missions because we now have access to Nepalese throughout the Atlanat area, for many who were there do not live at Northchase. This is exciting becuase it means that our influence is growing.

I also spoke to Santosh about working together on some translation material with regard to Biblical Couseling/Discipleship, Creation Science, and other materials. This definitely gives me greater motivation to learn their language. We must remember that they do not have near as much translated work into their language as we do. However, many of the younger ones (teenage and 20s) know English, so they can read some good Christian literature in conjunction with the Scripture already.

To Him be the glory! Amen!

No comments: