Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Farmer's Garden: Agriculture From A Creationist Farmer's Perspective

Creationists today are often caricatured as incompetent when it comes to the hard sciences, yet such character attacks prove to be the result of losing a worldview debate. In light of this, it is my intent to demonstrate that creationists contribute to the hard sciences all the time. Though there are many fields of science that interest me, my greatest experiential knowledge lies within the realm of agriculture.

Besides experience I gained from assisting with a rather large family garden (3-5 acres annually), I have been blessed with an enormous amount of experience in field crops because I was raised on a farm for most of my youth. Without hesitation, I attribute most of this insight to my father; may God bless him for passing this on to me.

Tragically, I was unable to grow anything of substance for over a decade (Oh, the weeping I know!). However, I was able to begin gardening again two years ago, and our recently purchased home has reopened some excellent opportunites. To my suprise, questions are posed to me regularly, so I have decided to publish weekly (more or less) insights on various gardening suggestions from a farmer's perspective while at the same time contribute to the field of creation science.

Not everyone will agree with my suggestions or comments, but I will do my best to lend out some practical knowledge that I have found resourceful.

No comments: